CATHERINE SEAVITT NORDENSON
- M. Arch., Princeton University; 1996
- B. Arch., The Cooper Union; 1994
- B.S. in Landscape Architecture, City College of New York; 2007
- B.S., University of Michigan; 1991
- Associate Professor, City College of New York; 2011-present
- Lecturer, Princeton University; 2003-2011
- Adjunct Professor, City College of New York; 2009-2010
- Visiting Professor, University of Virginia; 2009
- Visiting Professor, Parsons the New School for Design; 2007
- Adjunct Professor, The Cooper Union; 2000-2006
- Visiting Lecturer, Harvard University; 2002-2003
- Principal, Catherine Seavitt Studio, New York, NY; 2003-present
- Associate, Pei Cobb Freed and Partners, New York, NY; 1998-2001
- Associate, RFR Ingenieurs, Paris, France; 1996-1997
- Associate, Atelier Raimund Abraham, New York, NY; 1993-1994
- Registered Architect: New York State
- Registered Landscape Architect: New York State
- LEED Accredited Professional
Selected Publications and Recent Research:
- On the Water: Palisade Bay. Co-authored with Guy Nordenson and Adam Yarinsky. Hatje Cantz Verlag, 2010.
- Book Chapters:
- "High Stakes: Soft Infrastructure for the Rising Seas." Co-authored with Guy Nordenson. In Rising Currents: Projects for New York's Waterfront. The Museum of Modern Art, 2011.
- "Expect More Typhoid." In From Water to Land: Urban Ecologies of the Pearl River Delta. Editors Jonathan Solomon and Dorothy Tang, Hong Kong University Press, forthcoming 2013.
- "De-domestication and the Wild." In Finding Center: Landscape and Values. Editor M. Elen Deming, Louisiana State University Press, forthcoming 2013.
- Journal Articles:
- "Feral Bestiary." In 306090 Volume 15: (Non-)Essential Knowledge for (New)Architecture. Editor David L. Hays, 2012.
- "'What Kind of Place is This?'" In PLOT: Marginal Street, Vol. 1, 2012.
- "Notes on Mud: Muck, Dredge, Sludge, Silt, and Spoils of Texas." In SLUM Lab: Last Round Ecology. Editors Denise Hoffman Brandt, Alfredo Brillembourg, and Hubert Klumpner, 2011.
- "Statues in Gardens." Translation of text by Roberto Burle Marx, with introduction, notes, and illustrations. In Pidgin Vol. 9, 2010.
- "On the Water." In PLACES: Volume 20 No. 2: Climate Change and Place. Guest Editors Nancy Rottle and Mariana Alberti, 2008.
- American Institute of Architects
- American Society of Landscape Architects
- Society of Architectural Historians
- LAAR 66100 MLA Comprehensive Design Studio 6
- LAAR 61100 MLA Studio 1
- LAAR 64700 Landscape Restoration Seminar