international applicants for graduate degrees

International applicants should allow at least six months for completion of the application process. To prevent delays, we encourage you to plan accordingly.

All regular admissions requirements apply for international students. In addition, we require the TOEFL (minimum score 79) or IELTS (minimum score 6.5) for students whose previous education was not in English, and we require authorized English translations of non-English transcripts and recommendations, along with copies in the native language.

Foreign credentials must be evaluated by an authorized agency to confirm that your degree is equivalent to a U.S. Baccalaureate degree.

Please see the CCNY Admissions International Applicants page for more details.

International students should not expect to receive financial aid, however they are welcome to apply for scholarships from outside sources on their own.